Friday, September 18, 2009

Well, I am going to attempt to start a blog today just for the fun of it and to keep my mind busy. Today is radiation treatment #8, with 7 remaining. I am getting whole brain for now, but will start getting focused on Wednesday, so not sure how that will change things right now. The actual radiation isn't too bad, its quick and I am noticing its working but definitely do-able. I still sweat crazy at night and dr says that is from high dose of steroids I am on. Actually we are gonna try to cut back to 12 mg/every 6 hours rather than 16. Today will be day one on 12 mg. I definitely think the swelling is going down and the headaches are nearly non-existent. I am also taking a chemo pill (Temodar) daily and that is huge! Luckily I only have to do it 1 time per day :) The nite sweats are here...I am showering constantly and feel like I smell-which I hate, but no one has said anything so its probably just me being paranoid. The kids seem to be holding up as well as expected. This community is unbelievable for support and I love them dearly. This is not just my illness, the community has embraced it and is helping me fight in so many ways. The support is huge in my fight. The kids are loving the meals, so everyone know that has been a bright spot daily that a good cooked meal is available everynite. (And Dave & I love them too!) It really makes me proud of who Dave & I are as parents and people when even my kids friends are helping out. Kids today get crappy comments and it is important to know that there are still some GREAT kids out there that we can be very proud of. My Dad is driving me to radiation today so that will be fun. I know he so loves feeling like hes helping out and I'm glad he can do it. Other than that I think my agenda is wide open for the day so I'm sure I'll be back on to update as the day progresses.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogdom, Heidi. I find it very theraputic, and the support is GREAT!
    Just to get your thoughts out and verbalized is freeing, but also to know that you MAY BE HELPING someone else in their journey...makes it worthwhile!
    You are thought of everyday! Our community is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, It was great to see you yesterday! :) I'm so glad that you've started this blog so that we can keep track of your progress. You're positive attitude and bright smile are inspiring! Have a great day and know that we are all sending you big hugs today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi,
    Though we worked together years ago I think of you often and am praying for you.

    Welcome to the blogging world.


    Take care,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete