Thursday, October 15, 2009

haven't been able to post because I was behind a firewall at the hospital. Got admitted to the hospital on October 3, and got released today. 12 days in the hospital was more than enough for me. So I had a drs appt on Fri, Oct 2 and mentioned I had some hives and Dr. Mandell felt I may be having an allergic reaction to the dilantin and told me to stop taking it. I did, but by Sat nite it was so bad, I was admitted. As the days progressed, it became much worse, and then I was diagnosed with Stephen-Johnson syndrome. I had a pretty severe case, but now I'm on the mend. My whole face, neck, eyes, head, chest, back, were effected. I must say I did look quite bad, but things are looking better. I still have quite a bit of recovery and I will take it day to day. I hope to get through this weekend as an uneventful relaxing weekend and then refocus and get back on track for the plan to getting better.It was really good to get home today. Its so nice just to be home and to know I can sleep in my own bed tonight.Gonna go rest and relax. My sister-in-laws Denise, Wendy, Tracey, and my MIL will be here tomorrow night for a few days visit. I am excited to see them. It will be a nice weekend. I am hoping to go to the Breast Cancer walk in NH on Sunday. I want to just be there and be a part of the walk. I have alot of support and there are quite a few people who are walking with me. I would like to try to walk at least one lap, but we'll see. Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN MY SUPPORT THROUGH THIS. YOU HAVE MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO GET THROUGH EACH DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment