Saturday, October 17, 2009

HOME

Boy there is nothing like being home. It feels so good just to be able to do what I want to do and not have to depend on someone to get me something or ask for my meds, I can just take them myself. Most importantly, the comforts of home, my own bed, my kitchen, my living room, my family, all that adds up and makes a huge difference. The in-laws arrived on camp early evening last night and it was great to have them all here. We played a simple game called Apples to Apples and it was really fun, alot of laughing. Plan today is to get me out of the house. I have been inside for 2 weeks and I need to get out. Planning on going either to Portland or Augusta, just to walk around and relax. My healing seems to be coming along. My mouth is still extremely raw and blistered but I'm getting by. Face and back are starting to dry up so I am getting quite itchy once in a while, but I can take some benedryl for that. Realized I have to wear a hat, it is very cold out and the heat is going right through my head. My head has been freezing which makes the rest of me cold. I am struggling to not scratch right now cuz everything itches. Hoping the weather holds off so that Garrett and Ashlee can get home from Vinalhaven ok. They are there for a game and are suppose to come home today, but only if the weather will allow the ferry to get them back to the mainland. I'm praying they get home cuz otherwise they won't be home until Sunday, and that will be bad. They will miss the BC Walk and I know Ashlee will be pissed. Keeping fingers crossed weather cooperates and they get home today!

No comments:

Post a Comment