Thursday, October 29, 2009

Well, today was an eventful day to say the least. I nearly burned my home down. Since my memory is so bad, I did something that could have had terrible results. I cooked some boiled eggs this am, but the unfortunate part is I forgot I was cooking them, my sister Kathy showed up and I left with her for the day. Needless to say, when I arrived back home around 2:30, the house was filled with smoke and the eggs were burned, exploded and black on my stove. The pot was pitch black and red hot. I am so lucky something worse didn't happen. I realize I will have to be much more careful with my memory. Dave says no more cooking for me. I will say it was nice to be out today with Kathy. We had a nice little afternoon, I got some paperwork sent to the insurance company, Kathy took me to Auburn and we ate lunch at Longhorns and we went to Mardens. Didn't spend more than $20, but had a fun time while I was out. When I got home, I cleaned up my kitchen mess, and then Uncle Norm came over to visit for a while, and then Janie Lucas showed up for a visit. It was good to say hi to Unc. Dave got home shortly after and those two chatted while Janie and I had a chat. She looks good, her spirits seem well, but she looks tired and drained from the toll the chemo takes on ones body. I so hope this treatment goes smoother for her than her first. She has a good attitude and has a lot of support so I hope she feels better soon. I have been a little shaky today, not really sure why, and my face feels weird, like numb but I don't feel bad or sick so I am going to wait til am and see how I feel. Its not like I feel sick or bad, just like a numbness on my face which could be the drugs. Megan is coming home for a bit tonight, she went to a home party and is going to come home for the night after so it will be nice to see her later. She has to be at UMF for 1 class tomorrow then she'll be home for the weekend. Guess that sums up my exciting day, and thank God I still have a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment